Four destinations and counting…
Critics fanned the flames ahead of the the highly anticipated new Club World Suite unveiling, and whoops, they were wrong. Expecting an 8 abreast dorm room setup, British Airways instead unveiled a 1-2-1 seating setup with a privacy door, and gate to gate 4K entertainment, which can easily be considered a top 10 business class product.
While the critics are now silent, everyone else is chirping about when and where to actually fly the new “Club Suite”. British Airways “Club Suite” business class is rolling out to new routes quickly, so here’s where you can find it and when.
And by the way, New York starts Oct 9th…
By now, you’re probably wondering where British Airways first Airbus A350’s will be flying. The answer: many places. The BA A350-1000 initially launched this summer between London and Madrid for crew training flights, which made for a fun short haul experience.
As far as scheduled long haul flights go, the British Airways A350-1000 with Club Suites will operate four routes in 2019 and the beginning of 2020, including…
- Dubai – flights 106 and 107 from September 2nd, 2019 outbound and 9th return..
- Bangalore – flights 118 and 119 from January 1st for outbound and 2nd for return.
- Toronto – flights 92 and 93 from October 1st, 2019 outbound and 2nd return.
- Tel Aviv – flights 162 and 163 from December 1st for outbound and 2nd for return.
- Tokyo – flights yet to be loaded into the system.
Where To Find The British Airways Boeing 777 Club Suite
British Airways is also retrofitting the Boeing 777-200 fleet with the new Club Suites, which will be found flying as early as October 2019.
- New York – select 777 flights from October 9th 2019.
- Seattle – select 777 flights from January 2nd 2020.
- Nairobi – select 777 flights from January 14th 2020.
- Chicago – select 777 flights from January 28th 2020.
- Abuja – select 777 flights from January 30th 2020.
- Kuwait – select 777 flights from February 1st 2020.
- Boston – select 777 flights from February 2nd 2020.
- Jeddah – select 777 flights from February 20th 2020.
- Philadelphia – select 777 flights from March 11th 2020.
The airline has now clarified that the Club Suite on the Boeing 777 will launch to New York on October 9th, weeks ahead of schedule, and will operates the following flights through the end of March, when more aircraft will be added…
British Airways New York 777 Club Suite Flights:
LHR-JFK: BA173 Dep 11:20 Arr 14:05, JFK-LHR: BA112 Dep 18:30 Arr 06:30.
Note: these appear to shift on certain Sundays, so be sure to check before booking.
Club World Suite
For starters, there’s a privacy door on each of the 56 Club World Suites, and direct aisle access to go along with it. That means when you pass out after a few glass of champagne or just a truly exhausting day, there’s no one to see you drooling, and if you need anything, the runway, or rather aisle is yours.
Here’s a first hand look at the new Club Suite from our tour of the A350-1000, including the best rows and seats in every cabin on the stunning new plane.
Statistically speaking, the suite offers 40% more storage than the current Club World seat, with drawers capable of storing large electronics and whatever else you hauled on board, all at eye level, or nearby.
Aside from a top tier business class “Club World” suite, the British Airways A350-1000 features 56 World Traveller Plus seats and 219 of the latest World traveller (economy), all with next generation in flight entertainment and wifi. Here’s a guide to the best seats in every cabin, with pictures.
Whatever cabin you’re in, and realistically, whichever airline you fly, there are a few features which make the A350 arguably best ride in the sky. That’s not just verbiage, it’s science.
The world was hoping for an improved seat that meant people wouldn’t have to step over each other in business class, and instead, they got served one hot private suite with doors. Cold champagne is not sold separately. Here’s a full review.
This is the kind of move we were looking for from British Airways £6.5 billion investment plan, so roll on the A350’s! And just in case you want to use points to experience it, here’s 23 ways to earn Avios, and how to upgrade on BA easily…