If you’d quite literally like to sail away from it all, then Virgin Voyages has a pretty great deal you should check out!
Virgin Red just launched a new limited-time promotion and is offering 5-night Virgin Voyages Caribbean cruises for 80,000 Virgin points. In addition, there is also the option to book a 7-night Mediterranean or an 8-night Caribbean cruise for 100,000 Virgin points.
Virgin Voyages Promo Details
This deal is valid on sailings from either Miami or Barcelona, and is eligible for all sailings (minus 3 blackout dates) before June 30, 2023. FYI no end date for the promo has been announced, so I would book this hot deal ASAP if you’re interested!
For your 80K or 100K Virgin points, you’ll get balcony accommodations for two people on Virgin Voyages’ Miami-based Scarlet Lady or the Barcelona-based Valiant Lady in a Sea Terrace cabin. That’s a big step up from the ship’s basic Insider cabins, which are tiny, interior rooms with no windows. And it’s also better than a Sea View cabin, which only has a porthole window.
And just like when booking a Virgin Voyages cruise with cash, even with this points deal you’ll get all of your meals included, as well as free Wi-Fi, gratuities, soft drinks, and group fitness classes.
For reference, Sea Terrace cabins on the 8-night sailings out of Miami between now and June start at around $3,250 for two, inclusive of taxes and fees. Some sailings over popular weeks are listed at even higher prices. So this is a nice return and value for only 100,000 Virgin points!
Virgin Voyages offers some pretty unique ports of call on its itineraries, which makes this offer even that much more exciting!
Itineraries available as part of this deal include:
- 8-night Eastern Antilles sailings from Miami to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Croix; and the Virgin Voyages Beach Club at Bimini, Bahamas.
- 7-night The Irresistible Med sailings (from May 2023) from Barcelona to Toulon, France; Carrara, Italy; Ajaccio, Corsica; and Ibiza, Spain.
- 7-night French Daze & Ibiza Nights sailings (from May 2023) from Barcelona to Marseille, France; Cannes, France; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; and Ibiza, Spain.
- 5-night Riviera Maya sailings from Miami to Cozumel, Mexico, and the Virgin Voyages Beach Club at Bimini, Bahamas.
- 5-night Dominican Daze sailings from Miami to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, and the Virgin Voyages Beach Club at Bimini, Bahamas.
Additional Promo Details
There are a few caveats to keep in mind with this promotion though:
- There are a limited number of cabins available as part of this offer
- Sailings departing on March 12th, April 14th and May 17th are not available as part of this promotion
- Passengers will be assigned a Sea Terrace or Limited View Sea Terrace balcony cabin (based on availability)
- The points price is per cabin, whether there are one or two people traveling
- All passengers must be over 18 years of age, as Virgin Voyages is an adults-only cruise line
- Each Virgin Red member can book up to four cabins as part of the offer, but the booking party must all be booked on the same cruise and they must check in at the same time
- The Virgin Red member responsible for the booking must present their Virgin Red app to verify their eligibility before boarding
- Cabins booked under the offer cannot be upgraded, unless Virgin Voyages subsequently offers the chance to do so
How to Book
Virgin Atlantic will always be the crown jewel given its Upper Class Flights and upgrades, but other Virgin Group businesses are starting to get aggressive with their points offers via Virgin Red.
Right now it’s Voyages, but even things like Virgin Limited Edition and Virgin Hotels are making moves. Which means there are lots of reasons to take this new currency seriously.
Virgin Red vs. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Virgin has two different rewards programs. One is the legacy Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, and the other is the new Virgin Red program, which offers redemption options for way more than just flight awards.
When joining Virgin Red, you can link your Virgin Atlantic account and then all points will appear together in both programs. In other words, you’ll have equal access to all of your points regardless of whether you log into Virgin Red or Virgin Atlantic.
Don’t have enough Virgin points to take advantage of this offer — or any at all? You can still get in on this deal by transferring points from one of major credit card programs. You can transfer points directly to Virgin Red from Bilt Rewards and Capital One, and you can transfer points to the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program from the American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou programs.
If you don’t have a Virgin Red account yet, or haven’t linked your Flying Club account to Virgin Red yet, it’s easy to do. After signing up for a new Virgin Red account, or after signing in to your current Virgin Red account, simply add your Flying Club number in the “Link accounts” section of the app under the “Account” icon.
Redeeming Virgin Points To Lock In This Promo
If you want to book one of these awesome Virgin Voyages cruise deals, you’ll need to fire up the Virgin Red app or visit Virgin Red’s website. You’ll find the offer for both the 5 night and 7/8 night cruises, and once you choose your voyage of choice, you’ll tap “Redeem” to secure your spot. This will also deduct the 80K or 100K points from your Virgin Red account.
Within 72 hours, a member of the Virgin Red team will then email you an “Access Key, which you will then use to book a cabin directly on the Virgin Voyages website.
And luckily, there is an upcoming 30% transfer bonus from Citi to Virgin Atlantic (which starts on 2/19 and runs through 3/18). I’m not sure if I personally would wait that long to book this deal, since it could sell out before then. But, if you’re willing to risk it, or if you don’t have enough Citi point to book this offer, then this could be an option to score a cruise at an even more discounted rate.
It looks like there are about 17 voyages total available for this promo (see screenshots below). And how good of a deal you can score can differ quite a bit depending on the sailing that you choose. But, almost every itinerary seems to yield a return of at least 2 cents per point in value.
Keep in mind that you may still be on the hook for a few hundred dollars — depending on the cruise chosen — since it is not clearly stated in the promotion materials if port taxes and fees are included in this promotional rate.
This new Virgin Red limited-time promotion is a great deal! To be able to get a balcony stateroom for two people on a 5, 7 or 8 night Virgin Voyages cruises for only 80K or 100K points is a solid return. Plus, for those who have been wanting to check out this new cruise line, this is a killer way to do so with little-to-no, out-of-pocket costs. I’m sure this deal will sell out fast, so I would transfer points ASAP and lock this promo in before it’s too late!
Looking for Xmas and new year cruise with premier economy or business class flight with out side cabin with balcony
I was able to book a 15-night transatlantic cruise starting from Miami to Barcelona on 04/22 with the same access key(100k). I even called to make sure this was valid and they confirmed it. That’s a heck of a deal.
Wow, that’s awesome! Great redemption value!
Leave a comment