As travel begins to perk up again and countries too, having a boat load of miles to pay for everything from flights to Dom Perignon to toast the trip sounds pretty good. And yes, you totally can buy Dom Perignon for 10,000 SkyMiles a bottle at SkyClubs! Who knew?
Delta and American Express just launched some incredibly high welcome offers for Delta SkyMiles Amex cards, with between 70,000 and 90,000 miles up for grabs, after a very reasonable amount of spending!
Delta’s Big SkyMiles Amex Bonuses
Delta has been on a charm offensive for the last year, and continues to block middle seats to make travel feel comfortable again. The latest charm is one everyone can get excited about, with huge points and great perks on SkyMiles American Express Cards. How exciting and huge? Here’s how the bonuses stack up right now…
- Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card: Earn 70K bonus miles after spending $2K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card: Earn 70K bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $2K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card: Earn 90K bonus miles after spending $3K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card: Earn 90K bonus miles and a $100 statement credit after spending $3K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card: Earn 80K bonus miles, 20K Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $5K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card: Earn 80K bonus miles, 20K Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and a $200 statement credit after spending $5K in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
With these Delta Amex Cards, the welcome bonus is an attractive way to get you in, but the ongoing benefits when you actually travel can be quite useful.
As ‘basic economy’ continues to bring the lowest prices, these cards are a ‘hack’ to still receive most perks of the traditional experience, including a free first checked bag and priority boarding for those on your reservation, even when you book one of the basic fares which isn’t supposed to include them.
A first checked bag on Delta costs $30 each way, so a card like the Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex, with $0 first year annual fee and $99 years thereafter can be easily justified with just one round trip for two people ($120 savings), not even factoring in other benefits.
Cards including the Delta SkyMiles Platinum card, carry a $250 annual fee, but also come with a companion voucher good for one companion to join you in economy for a domestic US trip. For flights near peak times, this can instantly offset the annual fee entirely, paying roughly $5.60 in government surcharges for a companion to join.
Don’t Forget Delta SkyMiles Flash Deals!
So what to do with all those miles you’ve accumulated from the generous welcome bonuses? Well, Delta SkyMiles Flash Deals can be a great way to win extra big! Flash sales are where Delta puts certain flights on sale using points, bringing incredibly compelling deals.
Recent opportunities included round trip business class to Europe for under 100,000 SkyMiles, or domestic flights from just 2,000 miles, and even Tokyo was on sale with round trip in Delta One Suites (with privacy door) for under 120,000 SkyMiles. You just never know what’s going to be offered each month!
These limited time Delta offers rarely stick around for (too) long, so if you’ve been considering a new card, this is a great time to get one, with ultra high welcome bonus perks and additional benefits.
You can browse Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards here.