When it comes to airport lounges, bigger tends to be better. More space, more facilities and with any luck, some gorgeous views of planes in the distance. Amex seems to have ticked all those boxes, and added a few more too, like a speakeasy and Equinox fitness studio for its largest ever Centurion Lounge at New York JFK, bringing tranquil airport spaces to Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
Amex JFK T4 Centurion Lounge Opens
It’s been no secret that Amex has big plans for the big apple, and now the Centurion Lounge at New York JFK’s T4 is ready to open. When? Expect the lounge open to guests by the end of the week.
The newest Centurion Lounge, which marks Amex’ 13th location is complete with a speakeasy bar from top mixologist Jim Meehan, an Equinox fitness studio for stretch classes and other pre flight rituals, as well as all the typical award winning food and amenities Amex cardholders have come to expect from their lounges.
Here’s the full rundown of what to expect from the new, two story Amex Centurion Lounge at JFK Airport T4, which can be found t your left, just after clearing TSA Security, including…
- A curated menu by renowned Chef Ignacio Mattos, channeling the elegance and ethnic diversity of the city’s vibrant restaurant scene
- A first-ever speakeasy-style bar in a Centurion Lounge by mixologist Jim Meehan, called “1850”
- Wellness offerings from Equinox Body Lab, including self-led meditation and stretching sessions using Equinox’s health-and-fitness app Variis
- Elevated New-York inspired design, Guests are greeted by a handmade, custom mosaic mural, a nod to the NYC subway tiles
- Coffee by Irving Farm and local wines curated by Anthony Giglio
As a key terminal serving Delta flights, but also many international flights to Europe, Asia and the Middle East by KLM, Emirates, Singapore Air, Etihad, Swiss, El Al, Virgin Atlantic and more, T4 is an absolutely perfect place to add travel value for Platinum or Centurion Cardholders, particularly for those not in business or first class on the day!
Amex notes that Centurion Lounge locations in Charlotte, San Francisco, Dallas and Houston are all scheduled to reopen soon, as travel slowly reboots. Cheers to that, and the new JFK Lounge. Not a Platinum or Centurion Cardholder? These lounges are one of 18 reasons the Platinum Card is “worth it”.