In October, my husband and I honeymooned in Oman, so we decided to do a stopover in Dubai for a few days. During our stay, we stayed at the fabulous Palazzo Versace Dubai.
Being one of only two Versace hotels in the world, I knew this would be a bit of a bucket-list experience. Not only a fantastic place to stay for fashion enthusiasts, the Palazzo Versace exceeded my expectations, and embodied a true five-star hotel through and through. It was the perfect place for us to base ourselves for our 3 day stay in Dubai, and we were spoiled rotten by the phenomenal hotel staff.
Located just 15 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 10 minutes from Downtown Dubai and the Burj Khalifa, Palazzo Versace is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian palace, Palazzo Versace is a neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of one-of-a-kind Italian furnishings, the hotel is the epitome of the luxe Versace lifestyle.
Opened in 2016, the property is an ode to Italian glitz and glamor. On arrival, you’re greeted by the striking 1.5 million-piece “Pietra di Fiume” mosaic design of the iconic Versace Medusa and a 3,000 kg Bohemian crystal chandelier. Throughout the five-star hotel’s public spaces you’ll find several, exclusive designs and fabrics from Versace, which makes this hotel a truly unique and sensory experience.
How I Booked
The main reason I booked at Palazzo Versace was the fact that it is one of the cheapest, top-rated, five-star hotels in Dubai. I was able to book a Junior Suite for only $470 a night for my dates in October.
Since Palazzo Versace is a boutique hotel and not affiliated with any major, hotel loyalty programs, I booked on Hotels.com to take advantage of their 10th night free rewards program. Because of their generous loyalty program, I was actually able to redeem free night awards for my stay, and ended up paying only $75 a night. Since Hotels.com is of course coded as a travel purchase, I paid for my stay with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 3X points on all travel.
Wifi, breakfast, valet parking and executive lounge access were all included for free in the Junior Suite room rate when booking via Hotels.com. Booking a suite versus a standard room ended up being a big money saver for us, as food and beverage in Dubai are VERY expensive. We were able to eat a late breakfast, and then go for free afternoon tea, happy hour, and do a light dinner buffet in the executive lounge, where all food and drinks (including alcohol) was free of charge. It almost ended up being an all-inclusive stay for us, which was super helpful budget wise. In addition, the food at the hotel was delicious, so we really hit a home run and got our money’s worth!
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 150 rooms and 65 suites, is designed and tailor-made by Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai.
Steeped in classic Italian design, each of the hotel’s 215 luxury accommodations reflect the true essence of the Versace brand. Here, luxury lies in the material – parquet flooring, a canvas of elaborate white and cream boiseries, and a pastel palette of silk furnishings. The Palazzo Versace’s rooms and suites are furnished with the Versace Home Collection that features uplifting colors of turquoise, blue, beige, gold, and salmon. Plenty of natural light illuminates the rooms and suites, and serene views of the Dubai Creek or Jaddaf Waterfront can be enjoyed from a private balcony or terrace. The bathrooms feature handcrafted mosaic and Carrara marble tiling that provide a balance of detail and simplicity – the ultimate backdrop to your walk-in rainforest shower.
During our stay, we were upgraded to the next level room category, which was a Grand Suite. Thoughtfully designed for the modern day luxury traveler, these suites measure 130 sqm and combine chic interiors with all of the modern bells and whistles you’d expect at a five-star hotel.
On entering, guests are welcomed with a spacious living room that includes a dining and workspace area. This living area is separated from the bedroom, which is great for added privacy. The bedroom includes a super king size bed with decadent, silky Versace linen and a uniquely designed dressing area with a walk-in wardrobe and Hollywood-style vanity table – a fashionistas’ dream come true. These suites enjoy plenty of sunlight, with balconies and floor-to-ceiling windows, which overlook either the Dubai Creek or the city. In addition, the bathroom was the epitome of luxury, with a large jacuzzi tub, double vanity, and spacious rain shower.
The Guest Experience
Not only is Palazzo Versace an Instagrammer’s paradise, but where the hotel really shines is its overall, fabulous guest experience, attentive service, chic resort facilities and amenities, and its variety of delicious dining options. Across the grandiose hotel property, you’ll find the following facilities and amenities for guests to enjoy at their leisure:
- 3 pools
- Beach Club Access
- NOTE: Palazzo Versace Dubai guests can enjoy basking under the sun at Nikki Beach Resort with VIP beach access. A 300 AED spend per adult on food and bev is required for access. Palazzo Versace guests need to pre-book beach club access with the hotel concierge, and reservations can only be made Monday-Friday.
- Kid and Teen Clubs
- Business center
- Shopping mall arcade – including a Versace Home boutique, flower shop, jewelry store and more
- Executive Lounge
- NOTE: Lounge access is complimentary for guests staying in Premier Versace Club Rooms, Junior Suites, Grand Suites, Signature Suites, and Imperial Suites. As mentioned above, being able to eat and drink for free in the lounge saved us hundreds of dollars while in Dubai, as the food was plentiful and delicious, and alcoholic beverages were free during the daily happy hour.
Palazzo Versace Dubai is home to 9 restaurants and bars. Foodies will love the variety of dining options, with many of the venues offering lovely Dubai creek or poolside views. Here are the bars and restaurants that I experienced during my stay:
- Giardino – This restaurant presents a marble “terrazzo” flooring, columns, and a wallcovering inspired by the jungle motif of the Versace wallpaper collection. The colors switch from green, light green, and ivory. The crockery belongs to an exclusive line “Rosenthal meets Versace” collection, inspired by “Les Reves Byzantines”. The food was delicious and plentiful, and the decor is super vibrant and picture-perfect!
- NOTE: Daily breakfast buffet for 2 at Giardino was included in my room rate
- Mosaico – Mosaico is in an opulent setting at the very heart of the hotel and is a personal reflection of Gianni Versace’s ornate compositions. Located in the lobby lounge, it offers panoramic views of the Dubai Creek and main pool, with its high floor-to-ceiling windows and elegant interiors. The impressive all-day menu includes plenty of options for lunch, dinner and high tea.
- HOT TIP: The 24K gold cappuccino makes for a fun, Instagrammable moment and was really tasty!
- La Piscina – Nestled amidst the majestic palm trees surrounding Palazzo Versace Dubai’s East pool, La Piscina is a unique poolside experience that’s set to be featured on every Dubai locals “must-do in Dubai” bucket list. Offering waterfront views, lounge music and a menu packed with a healthy twist on popular poolside favorites, including chilled soups, a variety of sushi and tempting Mediterranean platters, La Piscina plays host to those looking for some fun in the sun. At the swim-up pool bar you can quench your thirst with La Piscina’s signature cocktails “Spice Me Up,” “Drama” and “Volcano,” while the resident DJ plays the hottest beats under the Dubai sun.
- HOT TIP: La Piscina is one of THE places to see and be seen in Dubai. Expect thumping electronic and pop music and a pool party to rival the likes of Vegas and Miami, particularly on the weekends! For those looking to relax, I would check out one of the other hotel pools instead, as La Piscina is not family friendly or the place to chill and read a book.
- Q’s Bar – Awarded the “Best Live Music Bar” in Dubai, Quincy Jones’ first ever bar has proven itself as Dubai’s most desirable venue for live entertainment. Q’s Bar and Lounge showcases world-class performances from emerging artists handpicked by the music legend himself, who has won 28 Grammys across his career spanning over seven decades, and who has collaborated with legendary icons across various music genres. With its intimate living room space, Versace-designed lush leather couches, mahogany tables, and unmatched acoustics, Q’s Bar and Lounge provides the perfect old-world charm that can be enjoyed over fine cigars, sumptuous bar bites, and a wide selection of beverages inspired by the legendary achievements of Quincy Jones.
- HOT TIP: Whether you are staying at Palazzo Versace or not, Q’s bar is one of the best live music venues I have ever been to in all of my travels! The talent of the artists is truly world-class, and even though we were super jet-lagged, we stayed all night and rocked out until the bar shut down at 1 AM!
I didn’t have enough time to try all of the venues during my stay, but in addition to the above, the hotel has another five bars and restaurants on-site:
- Vanitas – The charming and elegant interiors of the signature Italian restaurant at Palazzo Versace Dubai, set against Dubai Creek, act as the perfect backdrop for an intimate and cozy experience or a romantic dinner. With an emphasis on classic Italian food, Vanitas is a restaurant with finesse, offering a range of expertly curated dishes.
- Enigma –Enigma restaurant’s culinary tale continues to evolve as it features the “Taste of Persia.” Inspired by the Iranian origins of our Michelin-starred Executive Chef Mansour Memarian, it is the most authentic culinary story to grace the kitchens of Enigma. Enigma has indoor and outdoor seating that offers beautiful views of the main pool and Dubai Creek.
- La Vita – This chic and vibrant bar upholstered in leather and matelassé textile, along with the living room setting is the perfect place for either pre or post-dinner drinks. La Vita features innovative cocktails and carefully selected boutique wines by the glass.
- Amalfi – Located at the west lagoon pool, Amalfi features an al fresco dining venue. Unwind in the vibrant atmosphere of our poolside bar and restaurant that offers traditional, rustic cooking techniques to prepare classic Mediterranean cuisine featuring healthy salads and crispy wood-fired pizzas – perfect for either laid-back outdoor dining with the family or chill pool parties with friends.
- Gazebo – Nestled in the east wing of the Palazzo Versace hotel, facing La Piscina, lies Gazebo, a shisha lounge in Dubai where you can sample a selection of Mediterranean flavors in the outdoors, or simply enjoy a variety of shisha mixes, from classic favorites to Palazzo Versace special blends. The relaxed atmosphere that surrounds Gazebo along with the snug cushions and warm atmosphere, make it the perfect al fresco dining option for a casual drink out in Dubai.
If you are looking for a truly unique, five-star star hotel in Dubai – without breaking the bank – then look no further than Palazzo Versace! This super Instagrammable hotel is picture perfect, and the world-class hotel staff and facilities will make this hotel a one-of-a-kind experience you will likely never forget!
You’re completely incorrect.
The hotel is used to be part of Preferred Hotels and recently switched to GHA https://www.ghadiscovery.com/ultratravel-collection/palazzo-versace-dubai
I meant major hotel loyalty programs i.e. Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Accor, etc. I will update the post to account for this. I personally find the Hotels.com 10th night free loyalty perk pretty compelling, which was why I decided to book with them versus booking direct and getting points with their program.
Leave a comment