Queen Bey officially announced her Renaissance World Tour earlier this week. And Beyhive fans around the world are anxiously awaiting for tickets to go on sale, as Renaissance is Beyoncé’s first worldwide concert series since 2018’s On The Run II tour with her husband Jay-Z.
Similar to Taylor Swift’s presale late last year with Capital One, Beyoncé has partnered with Citi to give its personal credit and debit cardholders exclusive, early access to her tour presale. And if we learned anything from the cluster that was the TSwift presale, then it’s likely that tickets will be EXTREMELY hard to come by for Beyoncé.
There are a few presale ticket options for Bey’s upcoming tour, but if you’re a Citi cardholder, you could get access to purchase tickets for the US concerts even earlier than anyone else through Citi Entertainment. Of note, tickets to the general public won’t even be going on sale until late February.
Here’s How to Register for Beyoncé’s Presale
After completing Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan process, which is now open for registration, existing and new Citi credit and debit cardholders may have the opportunity to access the Citi ticket presale.
So how does Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan work?
- First, you’ll need to register for Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour powered by Verified Fan. Registering does NOT guarantee you will be verified, receive the required passcode, or have the ability to purchase tickets.
- If you’re lucky enough to be invited to the sale, you’ll receive an access code the night before the Citi presale inviting you to shop for tickets.
- Find and purchase tickets with a valid Citi personal credit card or Citibank debit card.
The purchase of Citi presale tickets will be executed in the following three waves:
- Registration for Group A of the Citi presale powered by Verified Fan in Chicago, East Rutherford, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Houston will go through Thursday, Feb. 2 at 11:59 PM EST.
- If you receive a Verified Fan access code, the Citi presale begins for these markets on Tuesday, Feb. 7 at 10 a.m. local time through Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. local time.
- Registration for Group B of the Citi presale powered by Verified Fan in Minneapolis, Boston, Tampa, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle and Dallas will go through Thursday, Feb. 9 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- If you receive a Verified Fan access code, the Citi presale begins for these markets on Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 10 a.m. local time through Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. local time.
- Registration for Group C of the Citi presale powered by Verified Fan in Philadelphia, Nashville, Louisville, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, St. Louis, Glendale, Kansas City and New Orleans will go through Thursday, Feb. 16 at 11:59 PM EST.
- If you receive a Verified Fan access code, the Citi presale begins for these markets on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 10 a.m. local time through Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. local time.
Of note, there is a limit of four tickets per Verified Fan code.
I personally signed up for a Verified Fan account for the Tampa Beyoncé presale, and in my confirmation (pictured above and below), I found it interesting that Ticketmaster is pretty upfront that the “lottery-style process” is a crap shoot for even getting access to the Citi presale. Given that the Taylor Swift Capital One presale was a disaster, and since it even sparked a congressional investigation, it looks like Ticketmaster is taking some lessons learned in order to avoid another catastrophe.
Which Citi Cards Will Get You Access to Beyoncé’s Presale?
All Citi personal credit and debit cardholders are eligible to sign up for the Beyoncé ticket presale. Sadly, Citi cardholders with small-business debit and credit cards are not eligible for the presale.
Popular personal Citi travel rewards cards, such as the Citi Premier card and the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard are all eligible for the Beyoncé presale.
In addition, popular Citi personal cashback cards like the Citi Double Cash, Citi Custom Cash, Citi Rewards+, Citi Simplicity and Citi Diamond Preferred — all cards with no annual fee — are also all eligible for the Beyoncé presale.
A Value-Add from Citi
It is great to see creative sponsorships for compelling events like this in the ever-evolving and highly competitive credit card marketplace. The leg up that this gives to fans, and the fact that the presale is open to all Citi personal credit and debit cardholders, is a testament to the many benefits that having the right card in your wallet can bring.
If you do not currently have a Citi credit or debit card, there still is time to apply for one and gain access to Beyoncé presale tickets. That’s because for certain Citi rewards cards you can receive a virtual card number instantly after application approval.
Overall, this is a great opportunity to see 28-time GRAMMY winner Beyoncé during her highly anticipated tour Renaissance Tour, and we hope some GSTP readers get to take advantage and score some tickets!