It’s time to get your wallets ready and credit card numbers memorized…
Are there actually any deals during Black Friday & Cyber Monday? Um, without a doubt – yes. In fact, they’re only getting bigger and better. Airlines, hotels, car rental companies, travel booking websites and other brands are now using the hysteria, mania and pandemonium of the holidays to line their pockets for the new year, and we couldn’t be happier about it. If you’re dreaming of 90% off hotels, business class for less than economy flights, or just deals lower than you’ve seen all year long, the time is approaching, so here’s how to get in on all the best offers…
When Is Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018?
Black Friday 2018 will take place on Friday, November 23rd. Cyber Monday 2018 will take place on Monday, November 26th. In some cases, sales will have specific launch times, with only a few hundred, or at best a few thousand coupons, rooms or tickets for sale. We’ll keep you updated!
Find Your Own
GSTP will have a master list of all the best hotel, car rental, airline and other travel deals in just a couple weeks. Here’s a look at last years list, just for reference. But many airlines and hotels insist on being sneaky nowadays, and don’t even announce some of their very best sales. To cash in on your own, you’ll want to…
- Firm up key travel goals and days off in advance. Deals don’t last.
- Set flight price alerts on Google Flights. If traveling for two, search for two.
- Set hotel price alerts on Kayak. These can change fast, so be ready.
- Actually open the travel emails you’ve subscribed to receive.
- Have your finances in order so you can book immediately.
It’s important to remember that offers are everywhere, and if you blow all your expendable travel dollars on one, you won’t be able to take advantage of others. Keep your eyes firmly planted on what matters most to you. Just because an airline has $175 round trip transatlantic flights; or a hotel has 70% off suites doesn’t mean you should take advantage. Expect offers to start rolling in around the 18th of November, and last through the 30th. Travel brands know that each customer has a certain amount of funds at play, so early offers may be amongst the strongest, as will last ditch efforts.
Expectation is the key to life, and in good times – excitement. There are a few airlines and hotel brands which always declare their big offers in advance, so customers don’t get distracted. Here are the sales we know will happen, or 99% expect to happen, like…
- £175 return London to LA flights on Air New Zealand.
- $100-$200 for top NY hotels via annual “Hotel Week” sale.
- $399 USA to Tokyo flights on Singapore Air.
- Hilton 50% off hotels in Asia.
- British Airways Black Friday Sale.
- Hotels.com 300,000 mystery coupons, including 99% off.
- Emirates 2 for 1 sale from the USA and beyond.
- Expedia up to 90% off using Expedia mobile app.
- Silvercar 40% off Audi car rentals in USA.
- 30-50% off points from Hyatt, Hilton, Avianca, Alaska.
What sales are you looking forward to?
Featured image courtesy of the Viceroy Bali.