One of the greatest joys of travel is knowing that the best experiences couldn’t be the same anywhere else in the world. There’s nothing quite like wine in France, pasta in Italy, sushi in Tokyo, or afternoon tea in London. So why shouldn’t it be the same in the air? Virgin Atlantic is changing that, with their exclusive new afternoon tea service. Fancy a macaron at 38,000 feet? No sweat.
Afternoon tea is synonymous with Britain the way popcorn is synonymous with going to the movies. It’s a staple of any London visit. Virgin Atlantic’s exclusive new partnership with master pâtissier Eric Lanlard has created the perfect afternoon tea both on the ground and in the air, in an attempt to make the Virgin flying experience more unique than ever. And yes – the “afternoon tea” service will be in all cabins, not just the most expensive ones.
The Virgin Atlantic London Heathrow Clubhouse lounge will offer a full on, complimentary afternoon tea service for all guests from 3:00 – 5:30 PM expertly curated by Eric Lanlard. In addition to a pot of tea and some Lanson champagne, Guests can expect…
- Prosciutto, sunblushed tomato and rocket on a stone baked Campagne brown roll
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill mint mini croissant
- Broccoli, goat’s cheese and cress savoury tart
- Homemade plain and sultana scones with strawberry preserve, lemon and clotted cream
- Eton mess verrine with strawberry coulis
- Apple and blackberry cake
- Dark chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce
Virgin Atlantic have launched an on board afternoon tea service in all cabins during day flights. Guests in upper class can even enjoy their exclusive high tea at the on board cocktail bar for a fully festive experience. Guests in economy and premium economy will enjoy assorted tea sandwiches, scones and macarons at their seats. We want in!